An overview of the main ingredients:
Salmon Fillet – Salmon is one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids which has the potential to reduce inflammation and may lower your blood pressure and decreases the risk of acquiring certain types of disease. Your skin also benefits from its Omega-3 fatty acid content as it plays a vital role in keeping your skin supple and healthy. Your body needs proteins to heal and protect the bones. Salmon is rich in quality protein.
Asparagus – The most widely used vegetable in varieties of dishes around the world. This low-calorie vegetable is a good source of essential vitamins and minerals such as folate, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C. A good source of antioxidants that prevents damages caused by harmful free radicals.
Lemon Juice – Lemons have strong antibacterial properties, perfect for nixing breakout-causing bacteria. As a rich source of Vitamin C and citric acids, lemons are known for their detoxifying effects.
• 600g sliced pound salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 4 portions
• ½ tablespoons Salt and ¼ tablespoons Pepper
• 400g green asparagus
• 3 tablespoons melted butter
• 1 lemon juice
• 2 finely minced the garlic cloves
1. Preheat oven to 380 degrees F.
2. Toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in the medium bowl. Combine ¼ lemon juice, garlic, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
3. Sprinkle salmon with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
4. Place the salmon in the center of the pan; spread the asparagus on the empty side of the pan and spread the ¾ of the lemon juice on the salmon, spread the melted butter on salmon and green asparagus.
5. Roast 12-15 minutes until the salmon is just cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Garnish with 4 Lemon slices and ½ tablespoon parsley and serve immediately
Bring the fine dining feels to the comfort of your home. Healthy snacking does not have to be boring. This recipe would be a perfect match with mashed potato and rice.
Do not limit your diet to the foods that you are most accustomed to. Look for creative ways to make your healthy eating more enjoyable. Try other ways with which you can incorporate these abovementioned ingredients. Happy snacking!